Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

David Snowball's July Commentary Is Now Available

Comments

• David seems to feel the WSJ's editorial page is firmly rooted in the 16th century. I would like to know which editorial page he thinks represents the century in which we are currently living? Obviously this is a rhetorical question because his inference is very clear. Could it be the intolerant echo chamber of his college environs which informs his views?
  • @issegal
    It's true, which seems inaccurate to me, as that was the Reformation period. I would put it closer to the 9th century or Viking Age.
  • >> could it be the intolerant echo chamber of his college environs which informs his views?

It could, but it ain't.

Make a substantive argument, dude. Of some sort.
  • You know the argument, dude. Obviously, you have rejected it.
  • edited July 2017
    What is more 16th century? The WSJ editorial page or the oppressive groupthink politics prevalent on college campuses today. The poor "snowflake" students on many campuses require safe spaces to protect them from the odious WSJ.

College professors and students today are the equivalent of inquisitors from that period of history, who routinely burned heretics at the stake for daring to question the orthodoxy masquerading as the "truth".
  • This is like a robotape from Fox, yawn, or indeed the WSJ. Shoulda known there was nothing here that is not kneejerk and automatically reactionary.

'oppressive groupthink', lolz, it was tired when Coulter et alia first said it.

@LB, yeah, calling the first pages of the Journal 16th-century rather scants the period.
  • People who live in glass houses....................
  • whatever that means
  • As Soupy Sales said "PEOPLE who live in glass houses should get dressed in the basement". Let's lighten up. It's a holiday coming up. Enjoy it.