Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Performance Comparison MINDX vs S&P 500

beebee
edited July 2017 in Fund Discussions
I reviewed MINDX today and wanted to share its performance:

Pretty solid results over a variety of time frames.

Comments

• I bought MINDX at the beginning of the year, based on Jeff Gundlach's belief that India was a good long term investment. It has done well, but when I compared to WAINX, I was thinking ugh! I had the right idea of putting money in India, but possibly the wrong fund. WAINX has been performing much better than MINDX. I have been thinking of selling MINDX and moving it into WAINX, but MINDX might be turning the corner a little and is starting to outperform WAINX. I am keeping an eye on both funds to see which way to go.
  • How about splitting 50 / 50 ?
    Derf
  • Derf said:

How about splitting 50 / 50 ?
    Derf

I was thinking about doing that too, but ideally I would prefer just one fund for a single country investment, rather than "clutter" my portfolio.
  • @Chinfest, After looking at a comparison at Schwab it was noted that Mindx has 9% holding in N. America. AUM might also be something to look at. I may split 50-50 & invest after a drop. Thanks for pointing these two funds out.
    Derf