Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ed Yardeni: Earnings, Inflation = Room To Run For S&P500

TedTed
edited October 2017 in Fund Discussions
FYI: Ed Yardeni, who has been about as right about this market since the 2009 lows as anyone, believes stocks still have some room to run.
Regards,
Ted
http://ritholtz.com/2017/10/earnings-inflation-signal-sp-500-isnt-excessive-chart-day/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheBigPicture+(The+Big+Picture)

Comments

• Thanks Ted.

Sam Stovall wrote something similar for S&P. Add CPI to the S&P forward PE ratio (based on operating earnings), and the average over time is 20. Frothy is one std dev above. Bargain is one std dev below.

Right now, we are almost exactly 20. Fairly valued. Assuming things get euphoric before a top is set, we have a ways to go.
  • @ I forgot, the Linkster wants to welcome you to the MFO Discussion Board. In my opinion, you get more news, views, insights, and research involving Mutuals Funds and ETFs than any other single website.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • I can see that, Ted. You do yeoman's work here.