Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: A Downgrade For This Once-Excellent Real-Estate Fund: (TAREX)

TedTed
edited December 2017 in Fund Discussions
FYI: A manager loss, analyst turnover, and lingering parent concerns knock Third Avenue Real Estate Value's rating down to Neutral from Silver.
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• That is a significant departure.
  • That is a significant departure.

I agree and I've owned it for a number of years. It's leading M*'s Global Real Estate category in pretty much every time period. Anyone have any recommendations for an alternative? Based on what I was able to screen at M* it doesn't really seem like there are any funds that do what they've done.

• TedTed
    edited December 2017
    @LLJB: Here is U.S. News's list of the best rated 28 Global Real Estate Funds and 6 best Global Real Estate ETFs. I like CSFAX !
    Merry Christmas,
    Ted
  • Thanks, Ted! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!!
  • edited December 2017
    I actually think it might be worth waiting a bit to see how the remaining team does. There really isn't another global real estate fund quite like this one.
  • Looks like the Linkster checked out early for Christmas so here’s the gift of a link to one and all: http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=841911
  • TedTed
    edited December 2017
    @MrRuffles: Thanks, I had to go out and get the linkester's helpers a Christmas gift or they threatened to quit. Can you imagine that ! In today's world its hard to find good help.
    Regards,
    Ted:)