Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Corporate Leaders Trust Fund- LEXCX

Interesting article on a fund that is rarely mentioned on the MFO Discussion board, but has been around since 1935, LEXCX:

dividendgrowthinvestor.com/2015/11/time-in-market-is-your-greatest-ally-in.html

Comments

• Our latest profile of LEXCX is from 2012. The point that I've made before is that it's the coolest fund to write about once, the dullest to try to write about twice.

David
  • beebee
    edited February 2018
    @David_Snowball, thanks for amusing me.

I believe you have described (complimented the fund) on one of its principal attributes (successful dullness)...quite a compliment.

One of LEXCX largest holdings is the "successfully dull" Berkshire Hathaway Inc B. Maybe a bit less dull with its large position in Wells Fargo.

I"ll share a recent comment that the great Charles Munger quipped about his investing success.

He stated,

"I was hoping for a little independence and just overshot."

Thanks for helping many of us here at MFO achieve a little independence.