Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Raising Cash

Howdy folks,

Raising some additional cash today. Lighting up both US and Asian equities. Moved a bit more into the junior silver miners, but still small plays. Trade war now looks likely and with Bolton . . .

As Cpl. Ford used to say some 50 years ago, "Keep your asses low and your flak jackets close".

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

Comments

• I think that is very prudent, rono
  • @rono, did you miss this tweet? Maybe we should be buying:) What can go wrong... (tongue firmly in cheek).
    Trump Says Trade Wars Are ‘Good, and Easy to Win’
  • I think you might be right here mister. I too sold a couple of positions and will hold the rest of my hand. Time now to go start some tomato and pepper seeds.
  • edited March 2018
    rono, since you're into something like junior silver miners, you might take a look at a Cocoa ETN, NIB. It has done well for me lately.
  • I had lightened up on my riskier investments (mostly stocks) early Feb, based on technicals. Was closely watching as market started to rebound again, but comfortable with my positioning for now. About 10% cash, 70% in conservative allocation/balanced funds, rest in moderate global equity funds.
  • I lightened up a bit over the past two weeks, brought my equities down to 65% from 80%. Am considering raising a bit more. The economic fundamentals are great, but the wheels are coming off in the White House.