Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Good-Bye Ben Bernanke

TedTed
edited January 2014 in Fund Discussions
FYI: He did a great job !!! The market listened, the S&P 500 just went positive
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bernanke-defends-tenure-running-the-fed-2014-01-03/print?guid=D74622D4-74AA-11E3-9733-00212803FAD6

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Generally, I agree with Ted that Bernanke did a great job. Also, I'm sending Janet Yellen a case of vitamins:-)
  • I wish that the Feds had a whole lot more folks with his ethics and perspective.
  • edited January 2014
    Reply to @Old_Joe: Hear, hear!

Ditto for all leaders in civil service. For that matter, leaders in industry too!

Happy New Year Old_Joe!

Break, break.

Hey, when are we gonna get some rain?

Can't take many more of these California Days...72 and sunny=).
  • Reply to @Charles: Very, very worrisome. We're SF/CA natives, and been through a number of droughts, but I really can't remember any year when we didn't have at least some rain & snow by this time. This morning's Chronicle said that San Jose's Almaden reservoir is down to 5% capacity. Don't look good...
  • Reply to @Old_Joe: We can trade some California sunshine for Oregon rain and snow.
  • Reply to @Sven: There's a market. In the future it will be a real one, as SoCal trends back to desert.
  • Xeriscape, bow before Dr. Carrier's picture occasionally, flush less (shower with friends??), buy land in southern Oregon (coastal, not inland; it's already dry) for your heirs. It's global warming, baby (I'm channeling Dick Vitale).
    I know my aging memory is faulty, but I swear we had more snow days off school in Indiana than they do now. I think there is a change.
    Heck, you were already off topic.