Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Would I not do better in here at Mutual Fund Observer? Wouldn't any of us?

Comments

• At the very least, here at MFO; one has an ongoing knowledge base from which to continue to learn and grow from to support investment decisions. MFO is just not about technical aspects and digging into various funds. I believe one of the greatest values here is to better understand the most critical aspect of investing; and that is behavorial understandings.
    The thousands of words written here, will many times contain sprinkles of behavorial thinking mixed among the discussions.
    Any words that may cause one to think differently about a specific topic or to discover a new topic related to investing helps fuel the continued growth needed for introspection to remain a successful investor over the many long years.

One may travel to other sites and the numerous links posted here; but should always return to MFO for a more full view of the investing landscape.

My inflation adjusted 2 cents worth.

Regards,
    Catch
  • Since I discovered "MFO," I have been reading it avidly. Thank you all.
  • These two are not comparable. MFO is an excellet fund selection resource where you can get exposure to a lot of different funds with often useful reviews and commentary. But there is very little meaningful information on portfolio construction other than the conventional percentages or building kitchen sink collection of funds.

Betterment and sites like that including WealthFront are portfolio management platforms for simple portfolios. One might argue paying an AUM based fee is ridiculous for how much help they provide. That business model exists only because RIAs used to ask for even more. These sites are for people who would never visit a financial site or forum and would otherwise keep most of their portfolio in cash or CDs or something foolish.

I am not sure people here do any better necessarily in portfolio performance but the pursuit itself has its own rewards.