Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

An Aggressive Retirement Portfolio In 3 Buckets

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I'm a big believer in the "bucket system" for future planning, but this article is not helpful and would only serve to confuse those wanting to learn. Also, I don't see anything which could remotely be considered "aggressive" in how they allocated the portfolio.
  • The title of this piece is disingenuous, to say the very least. Almost certainly, someone concocted a "sensational" headline in an effort to snag potential readers. There is nothing in the list of investments that in one's wildest imagination would be considered aggressive. I've concluded that the perpetuation of this "bucket business" is nothing more than an excuse for someone's writing another (and another, and another...) article. Too cynical? Perhaps.
  • Reply to @PRESSmUP: Maybe the balance of the portfolio will agressively dwindle over an agressiely short period of time?
  • Reply to @MPSSRH:" I've concluded that the perpetuation of this "bucket business" is nothing more than an excuse for someone's writing another (and another, and another...) article. Too cynical? Perhaps" There are good bucket business' and bad bucket business'
    Regards,
    Ted
    Good Bucket Business:
  • Reply to @MPSSRH: What do you expect from Christine ?
    Regards,
    Ted

Christine:
  • Damn. Funny as it might be, I cannot share what I'm itching to share here. By the way, I'm not believing this: R2K up on the day (13th Feb. '14) by 1.3%. Never saw THAT before.
  • But I DO have a bucket-list wish: make all the snow go away. Someone somehow. Or, make me suddenly rich from my investments so that I can finally buy that condom in Tavernier.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavernier,_Florida
  • beebee
    edited February 2014
    Reply to @Crash: Here's one I'd suggest...will your skiff fit? Great place for the first annual MFO "Fun"d Fest:
    Beautiful bay front home with rare boat basin

• bee: Thanks. Yer killin' me. Hee hee.
  • Reply to @Crash: If you need to get "suddenly rich from my investments so that I can finally buy that condom," you're worse off than anyone knew. I'm assuming from Bee's response than you meant "condo." Best of luck getting either or both.
  • edited February 2014
    Hank sings his classic: "My Bucket's Got A Hole in It."