Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• So many behave like lemmings. Seems to me a great many should not be in the Market, because they are so skittish. Remember Rothchild's words, eh?
  • edited March 2014
    Hmm ... PRELX is up nicely since I opened small position a month ago (+3.82% for Feb. according to M*) Guess one person's pain is another's pleasure.:-)

Unfortunately, however, the increasingly loud drums of war will not be beneficial to the EMs or many other markets. If this doesn't quiet down soon, expect gold and Treasuries to be strong Monday. Not much else.:(
  • Agreed.
  • Local currency bonds have had a rough 2013. Comments from well respected managers, Luz Padilla (DoubleLine EM Income, DBLEX) and John Carlson (Fidelity New Mkt Income, FNMIX) appeared in a recent article.
    bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-26/fidelity-to-doubleline-dodge-currencies-riskless-return.html
  • Nice...investors pulling money out of emerging market equity and bond funds is a good sign. Time to gradually plow new money back in.

Press
  • PRESSmUP said:

Nice...investors pulling money out of emerging market equity and bond funds is a good sign. Time to gradually plow new money back in.

Given the sitution at Russia now, there are likely better buying opportunities ahead. Key is to find skillful managers.

• @Crash, there seems to be an increasing number of what I call nervous nellies who jump and run at the first sign of trouble. Fine with me as it creates better buying opportunities for the rest of us.