Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited March 2014
    ...But my money guy tells me that my portf. can expect to get me 6% going forward over the long haul, anyhow. And that's compounded, year after year. So, what's not to like, right?
  • What's not to like is inflation and taxes, right?
  • Not to mention death. But, as Paul Simon sang, "Everything put together falls apart."

• You know, death may or may not trigger some taxes, and depending on how one's account is registered, there may be a need to retitle the account or move the assets.
    But actually, death will have no affect on the performance of one's mutual funds.

In fact, it can be said that because of their inactivity in the capital markets, the dead would certainly be above-average fund investors.
  • edited March 2014
    Nothing bad about a single digit return of 9.99% year after year, eh?:)
  • (Gotcha!)