Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Live blog of Jeffrey Gundlach’s webcast on his markets outlook...

beebee
edited March 2014 in Fund Discussions
Started at 4:15 pm today...here's the ongoing twiiter feed and his slideshow:
live-blog-of-jeffrey-gundlachs-webcast-on-his-markets-outlook/

Slides:
scribd.com/doc/211921845/3-11-14-Webcast-Slides-FINAL-unlocked

Comments

• Thanks bee. He's always entertaining.
  • edited March 2014
    Seems like folks that run total return strategies never see the sun shining, but especially when they are bond-centric.
  • Ha! Except when talking about their private collections.
  • Winding down Fannie/Freddie is not gonna happen anytime soon, he thinks.
  • Anticipates SP500 market reversal.
  • edited March 2014
    He complains that retired people do not produce anything! That's certainly me.
  • edited March 2014
    He and Mr. Arnott should really consider teaming up.
  • @Charles: You know who should team up, the triple play of investing and media darlings, Buffett, Gundlach, and Gross.
    Regards,
    Ted

Triple Play:
  • Ya know, I had not thought about that but I think you make a good point.
  • Charles: we do not produce anything? I do a lot of chemical engineering these days, transforming whiskey, beer and wine to urine.
  • beebee
    edited March 2014
    Crash..keep up the good life...In about 1550 the Italian doctor Leonardo Fioravanti saw a man's nose sliced off in an argument, and promptly urinated on the fallen organ before stitching it back on. Henry VIII's surgeon Thomas Vicary recommended that all battle wounds should be washed in urine; and others advised the same for potentially gangrenous ulcers, or poisonous bites and stings. Being sterile when it leaves the body, urine was then a far safer cleaning agent than the kind of water typically available.

Hopefully the only part of you that is sterile.

Also great for jump starting your compost heap
  • Ha! Love you guys. May be you are right. Perhaps we generate no less entropy after retirement...then when we were full-fledged producing members of society.