Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jeff Gundlach: What Hath QE Wrought ?

Comments

• TedTed
    edited March 2014
    @Charles: I'll be dammed, and what makes matter worse I ever link a video in the thread. To the woodshed for Ted.
    Regards,
    Ted

Woodshed:
  • edited March 2014
    All an Alfred E. Neuman, "What, me worry?" thingy.

--- Social Security..........an ongoing form of fighting deflation (from a gov't. view, inflation from the receiver view); as too many folks have to plow all of the money back into their staying alive. The others spend much of the money into the economy.

---Medicare......probably should be reduced a bunch. This will free up monies from the budget from direct Medicare payments and also reduce forward SS costs as the old ones die off sooner.
    Note: This would also reduce healthcare jobs and other direct monies into the economy; which would also include myself and family. Another, "oh, well scenario".

---Some other really big money in the form of local grants and matches to do so many projects; schools, road repairs and the list goes on and on...........if these monies are reduced or removed, more lost jobs and system fails in many areas.

---Taxes, gotta keep going higher somewhere; be it excise or otherwise. No other way to attempt to prop the system now in place.

QE has always been with us in modern times; it is merely more front page at this time; as "it" has a real name.

Take much of this away and watch the economy melt within 5 years.

Even the hard core psuedo richie, wanna be folks I know and have known; including the middle classers who have bitched to me in the past about all of the give away government programs didn't think or want their entitlemen monies from being able to deduct their mortgage interest to be removed. They didn't see this as an entitlement, to them, via the tax code.

Always lots of funny stuff to consider about governments and money functions. Much of the time, it only depends upon from which side of the fence the view is being seen.

The next physical revolution will attempt to clean some of the system. But, only new faces will appear; not new thoughts.