Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Mutual Funds That Take The Slow-Trade Route To Excelling

Comments

• PopTart did well.
    "Greets ~ A week or so ago I asked for suggestions (in a very general way) of mutual funds that would suit my needs. Not many people who ask for suggestions seem to let others know which suggestions they have chosen, which is kind of a bummer imho. So I just wanted to let people know that I've decided to invest in MPGFX (Mairs & Powers Growth) as I liked their juicy dividend twice a year..." (Feb. 04, '14.)
  • @Crash; Your buying a great fund that holds one of my favorite foods SPAM. Hormel Food has been in the fund's portfolio for many years.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Hi, Ted. I was actually quoting PopTart. But this fund has been selected by my wife and myself as her IRA choice. Well, actually, she's clueless and doesn't care. So I'm the one who chose it. ;)
  • Ted said:

... holds one of my favorite foods SPAM.

That explains a lot.
  • LAUGH.
  • beebee
    edited March 2014
    When in Hawaii...stop into a Seven Eleven for the best spam dish on the planet...Spam Musubi...Ono (good!):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o1jpbgilRjs