Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fleeing Investors Create Biggest Outflows From Biotech/Health Care In 3 Years B. Of A. Merrill Lynch

Comments

• I figured as much. If downdraft continues would much appreciate suggestion from you as to when to purchase.

Regards-
    OJ
  • edited March 2014
    Adding to healthcare, personally. I'll buy a bit more if it goes lower. I have no qualms about owning healthcare/biotech long-term. I think it goes with a desire to focus more on "needs" than "wants", as well as a few other various factors.

People who can trade in and out of sectors, more power to them, but I just see a lot of positives for health care going forward.
  • I wonder where the outflows are going to. Is there a website that shows this kind of information?
  • edited March 2014

I wonder where the outflows are going to. Is there a website that shows this kind of information?

I think the issue becomes a matter of whether or not you want to try and follow the ADD flows of the market, or make longer-term bets on specific sectors.

Forbes often has notes on largest inflows/outflows (for example: http://www.forbes.com/sites/marketnewsvideo/2014/02/28/etf-inflowsoutflows-xhb-bis-xlk-ucc/), but I'm sure others have better resources that they can share.

• I wonder where the outflows are going to. Is there a website that shows this kind of information?

Usually, fund/sector flows arrive too late to be useful to anybody depending on them.
  • to dividend sectors and large tech this week. also, short covering in EM.