Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• I have not seen much on this site about getting out of Pimco. I do respect Gross as a manger but we have all read stuff about how difficult it is for a manager to make desired investments if the public is pulling out lot of money.
  • (On the other hand, Gundlach's DLFNX is in top 12% YTD, top 12% for the month of March, top 31% over the past year, and top 5%, looking 3 years back.)
    M* has DLFNX in the "Interm. -Term Bond" category with DODIX and many others. DLTNX is ......... ALSO in that same category......?????!!!!! "Total Return" is a different animal, I had thought. Go figure...

ACTUAL performance between them:
    YTD 1 month 1 year 3 years
    DLTNX +2.24 -0.25 +0.79 +5.84
    DLFNX +2.57 +0.14 +0.59 +5.85

I chose not to follow the crowd into DLTNX and went to the much smaller DLFNX. I couldn't tell you what the difference in strategy might be..........
  • edited April 2014
    DLTNX/DBLTX is a mortgage fund; DLFNX/DBLFX is a core-plus fund.

On Pimco TR, BOND has almost doubled PTTRX's return YTD; Gross's ETF is again way outperforming the OEF, as it has for most of the time since BOND launched.