Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• How is flexible income different than total return. Excessive Funditis taking hold at Doubleline. Objective - try to attract some PIMCO assets.

Bah!
  • Excessive Funditis is a function of: ego, greed. Both are rampant and bad for investors. Royce is my poster child of fund companies that have let such forces run amok.

Few indeed, are the fund companies that act as true fiduciaries (IVA? Tweedy Browne?). Even "investors first" FPA is offering new variations on Romick's Crescent fund.
  • Agreed. Quite simply. True.
  • Excessive Funditis is a function of: ego, greed. Both are rampant and bad for investors. Royce is my poster child of fund companies that have let such forces run amok.

Few indeed, are the fund companies that act as true fiduciaries (IVA? Tweedy Browne?). Even "investors first" FPA is offering new variations on Romick's Crescent fund.

I agree with IVA and Tweedy Browne as possible candidates. If they had lower expense ratios, they would be a definite (except for the loads on IVA). I think Longleaf Partners could be added to the list of fund companies that may act as fiduciaries. Maybe Dodge & Cox as well (except for fund size). Certainly Vanguard.

I think this would make an excellent new thread/discussion topic. Which fund companies really look out for the investor, rather than just try to gather assets?

Not happy that FPA is marketing a new share class of FPACX to attract more assets into an already $17 billion fund.