Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bob Doll: Equities Awaiting Stronger Growth Before Next Move

Comments

• Has Uncle Art been replaced by Bob Doll on this board? I found Art's platitudes to be not especially useful. N.B. Why couldn't my grandparents think of a "cool" last name like Cashin or Doll? Thanks again, Ted, for your postings.
  • edited April 2014
    Bitzer said:

Has Uncle Art been replaced by Bob Doll on this board? I found Art's platitudes to be not especially useful. N.B. Why couldn't my grandparents think of a "cool" last name like Cashin or Doll? Thanks again, Ted, for your postings.

One of Buffett's top advisers literally does have the last name of Cool. Her name is Tracy Britt Cool. So, Tracy B. Cool.

As for Bob Doll, he's far less useful than Art Cashin and one of the bigger Pollyanna cheerleaders.
  • @Scott Not familiar with Bob, so I'll reserve judgment. I don't follow Warren Buffet too closely for two reasons: I don't have access to many of the investment opportunities that he does and, anecdotally, I've heard that his investment performance has been choppy lately.