Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Wealthtrack: Q&A With Chuck Akre, Manager, Akre Focus Fund: Video Presentation

Comments

• Caught Chuck A.'s WealthTrack interview on PBS; first time I've seen/heard him in action.

I think a key takeaway is that there's a significant amount of judgment in his (extremely successful) process, and that may not be transferable once Chuck hangs it up. At least until then, though, going along for the ride is not the worse thing a mutual fund investor could do.
  • Looks quite inviting! I already have too many irons in the fire. If an opportunity to consolidate comes along so that I can add Akre Focus AKREX without adding to the current number of funds I own, I shall certainly do so.:)
  • I thought his name was pronounced like "acre." Thanks for posting this interesting interview.