Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• OK, I'll bite.
    My bond funds. DLFNX is up ytd +4.24% Next, MAINX is up +3.71% and PREMX is up +6.82% ytd.

My biggest domestic core equity funds are of the "balanced" variety, holding both stocks and bonds. PRWCX is up ytd by +3.74% and MAPOX is up +3.00%.

Biggest foreign holding: MAPIX. It is up ytd by +0.51%. SFGIX is up by +2.91% ytd.

Yes, the good performance of bonds has been "The Curve Ball" this year. Yellen was lately quoted as asserting that interest rates would be kept low by policy for quite a bit longer, too. Jeez, I just got a car loan from the Credit Union at 2.49%. That's like free money falling from the sky. On $10,000, It amounts to just $50 of interest each year, over 5 years. But of course, we will pay it off early. And we'll do something silly with the leftover we have gifted to ourselves. Like maybe invest that leftover in mutual funds! :)
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Crash and others,

In review and thinking over Cman’s favorable comment about my sleeve method I thought I’d post the fund leader within each of my sleeves (year-to-date) along with my overall results. Seems I have some equity funds that are bettering my income funds and all the sleeves have positive returns year-to-date.

CASH AREA
    Demand ... +0.05%
    Investment ... +0.41%

INCOME AREA
    Income … NEFZX +4.76%
    Hybrid … PGBAX +6.63%

GROWTH & INCOME AREA
    Domestic Equity … SVAAX +4.69%
    Domestic Hybrid … FRINX +7.77%
    Global Equity … DEQAX +4.59%
    Global Hybrid … TIBAX +5.24%

GROWTH AREA
    Large/Mid … VADAX +3.00%
    Small/Mid … PMDAX +3.45%
    Global … THOAX +7.83%
    Specialty … TOLLX +9.90%

Master Portfolio (All Areas Including Cash) … +3.76%
    Lipper Balanced Index (My Benchmark) … +2.48%

I wish all … “Good Investing.”
    Old_Skeet

• Thank you, Old Skeet. That's damn nice of you.