Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*, Day 1: words I shall not use

Kunal Kapoor on the nature of the Principia program: "we are re-architecting it."

Michael Hasenstab on the financial position of aging Japanese: "they are decumulating assets."

"Ugh" and "ick," respectively.

David

Comments

• I just hate it when supposedly educated people say "decumulating" instead of "uncumulating"!
  • beebee
    edited June 2014
    Edit...sorry you guys set that one up for me.

Partial orginal post:
    "but I think they have a pill for that."
  • Flag!! Flag!! Where's that damned flag button...

:-)
  • edited June 2014
    Besides, the fifth amendment protects us against self-incumulation, so that means you'd need a partner. As well as a pill.
  • After they "re-architect" it, we will thereupon enter a "post-architect" period.
    And all will be well in the garden.
  • These are certainly exterminating circumstances.
  • I think these are great new terms:)
  • Ugh and ick, but [sic]
  • I don't know what you guys are wailing about. It is just strategery.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maurice said:

What is "Principia?

http://corporate.morningstar.com/us/asp/subject.aspx?xmlfile=41.xml

Morningstar® Principia®
    Flexible investment research and portfolio management software.

Morningstar® Principia® is one of the most widely used resources in the financial planning industry. With a powerful research database that includes mutual funds, stocks, variable annuities, exchange-traded funds, closed-end funds, and separate accounts, advisors can conduct advanced research and analysis, monitor portfolios, manage client accounts, and propose investment strategies.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.