Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A Gundlach Equities Guru Will Grow Elsewhere

FYI: Husam Nazer, Manager, of the DoubleLine Equities Small-Cap Growth Funds, is leaving as of June 30.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.mfwire.com/common/artprint2007.asp?storyID=48919&wireid=2

M* Snapshot Of DBESX: http://quotes.morningstar.com/fund/f?t=DBESX&region=usa&culture=en-US

Comments

• Any word of what the new venture will be?
  • I'm not sure whether to read DoubleLine's decision to liquidate the fund as "principled effort to protect our investors" or an ill-natured temper tantrum. Hmmm...

David
  • Why would anyone go to a bond-house for an equity fund to begin with? And what is the success of this manager mentioned in the article? FWIW, M* rates this fund in the 79th percentile over the last year. 97th YTD!!!
  • edited June 2014
    The Shiller Enhanced CAPE fund (DSENX) seems more in the Db'line wheelhouse, vs. a straight actively-managed equity fund. It's a formulaic sector-rotation stock strategy represented by derivatives, backed by a Gundlach bond strategy ... broadly similar to the Pimco PLUS funds.

P.S. Anyone who's ever had athlete's foot won't have any trouble remembering the ticker ...
  • Ya, I noticed the sub-par numbers. Official goodbyes are always full of nice-speak and good wishes lingo. That pretty much means zero to me.....

...Come to think of it, wasn't there an unexpected move re: Philip Barach, too, a while ago? I could have this confused with goings-on in SFGIX, though... I see Barach is co-manager at DL DLTNX, but not the so-called core fund, DLFNX. Or maybe this is just all noise, guys. Sorry.