Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Elizabeth Warren about why Wall Street is to blame

beebee
edited October 2011 in Off-Topic
Short video that gets across some great points.

Comments

• Wow. I sure hope that Maurice looks at that one!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2011
    That's just great, Maurice. Pure, unbridled capitalism... that's the answer!! People should be expected to work hard, live prudently, and save their money against old age and misfortune so as not to burden others. Why on earth should those very same people have a right to a safe place to keep that money until they need it? You put your savings in a bank CD? Entrusted it to a money-market account? You fool!!! Don't come whining to ME just because it's all gone!!

You worry about "the children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to be", but your prescription is to leave them a world where there is absolutely no check on greed, and only the rich and well-connected have a prayer of survival. I don't think that I like your world, Maurice.
  • (popping popcorn, waiting for Maurice's response.)
  • Maurice, by skipping the rest of the video, you missed one of my favorite clips (at 1:58) - Greenspan testifying that he was shocked, shocked, that self regulation in general and specifically for banks, doesn't work - that it fails the shareholders, let alone the customers or the nation.
  • edited October 2011
    deleted.
  • Reply to @Old_Joe:

Joe, I am not able to articulate in my own words my thoughts on this subject of unregulated capitalism as well as you have. So, I'm just going to say I agree 100% with your argument on this and similar posts and leave it at that. Thanks for the voice.