Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why U.S. Investors Are Buying Foreign Stock

FYI: Many Americans are making smart moves with their investment portfolios. They just might not know it.

With U.S. stocks at records and many commentators saying they're overpriced, American investors are diversifying into cheaper international stocks. Investors have pulled a net $6.3 billion from U.S. stock funds this year, according to Investment Company Institute (ICI) data, while putting $60.5 billion in foreign stock funds
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2014-07-22/why-u-s-investors-are-buying-foreign-stocks.html

Comments

• "...The move into international stocks this year is part of a natural, gradual process of diversification in investor portfolios that’s been going on for a while, Hendrickson says..."

OK. But then it's more of the same: following the herd. Was I foolish to maintain my stock portfolio heavily tilted overseas during the '08-'09 Crash? Not anymore, I guess. ;)