Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Did I get censored or was there a blip?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Hey Mo, at least you were spared the woodshed !!! LOL
    Have a good weekend.
    derf
  • I'd hazard that it was a blip of some sort.
  • I've had that blip a few times when trying to post.
  • edited August 2014
  • Yea but you are going to have to try harder if you want blipping. That badge of honor is given out only to the few.
  • Anna ... You mean the "Badge of Shame" ... I think.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maurice said:

I continue to see the pop up. Is the above referenced thread locked?

which thread?

this one - http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/comment/45042/#Comment_45042

if it doesn't say closed - it isn't locked.

• edited August 2014
    @Maurice
    Perhaps, to move from the standard/approved area of activity into this special zone of recent contention, you are required to obtain a special pass. Have you consulted with the new Hall Monitor about this?
  • Howdy, sir.

There's no attempt to moderate you or the thread. I just posted a test message to it and would encourage a couple other folks to do likewise. If we get some test messages, we can still delete them to keep the thread focused once we're sure it's working.

As to the blippage, I got nothing. You can still post elsewhere, yes? And conceivably others can post to the copyright thread. Hmmmm ....

Discombobulated in Davenport,

David
  • edited August 2014
  • Cool.

Chip should be leaving work around 5 EDT today, rather early for her but she's got a family commitment. I'll ask her this evening what sense she makes of it.

Take care, big guy!

David
  • @Maurice, for some reason - your post is sending you to this page correct.

which it does if the url can't be found.

e.g.

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/x

not sure why that happens to you

can you post the url as well. next time you get the error.

• edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    This is a test...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciesism

I don't know what exactly you are running into, Mo. I copied your link, from your post above, and tried it in a separate non-MFO browser window, and it took me directly to the correct Wickipedia entry.

I then copied the link URL from that page, and re-entered it here on MFO (at the top of my post), using the URL entry box. It seems to work just fine.

One more time, this time with some words to act as the "link carrier": Go here for Mo's site.

And that seems to work fine also. What the heck are you doing there?

OJ
  • Howdy @Maurice

You noted:
    "I haven't a clue what I am doing. I know enough to be dangerous."

Heck, I feel that way, at times; with investing.:)

Take care,
    Catch
  • Hi, @Maurice

I can replicate your problem exactly. It somehow seems to be related to the word "sexism" in your second paragraph. How funny is that? Beyond that I can't figure it out. If you have other cases where this happens, please send them on to me. I love a good puzzle.

@Accipiter

I've uploaded a text file with Maurice's message to your Falcons folder on the server in case you're curious to take a look.

I may also try to post the text here, with the letter "x" removed from the word sexism, to see if that works.
  • The text of Maurice's note, with an _ instead of an x. Baffling.
    -------

Well Accipiter, we need to sensitize you to be more diverse in your thinking. Have you heard of Speciesism?

"The term is mostly used by animal rights advocates, who argue that speciesism is a prejudice similar to racism or se_ism, in that the treatment of individuals is predicated on group membership and morally irrelevant physical differences."

Speciesism revealed

All species have the right to vote, own property, not be the food of any other species, have copyright protection, the right to consent to marriage (both intra and inter-species) and take advantage legal tax loopholes. Remember they are never our pets or owned by us. It's right there in the 14th amendment. Join our movement Accipiter.

peta.org/

I'm going to go eat a vegan burger.
  • edited August 2014
    and the answer is there is a filter probably by the host.

you can have plural of animals and the word sex that works....

but not singular of animals as in one anima_l

there must be a bestiality filter

• Is that in the vanilla software or the actual site hosting?
  • edited August 2014
    its not vanilla.

it like the ping in the title on your old forum that the host tried to crudely add security.

animal quintet , but you can't have six of them , but seven animal septet is fine.
  • I'm really trying not to laugh too hard over this one.
  • edited August 2014
    There is Middle sex Water! Might be animal drinking it.
  • The animal needs to come first.
  • @Maurice @Accipiter @chip
    OMG, this means Maurice's suspicions were correct; he actually was censored, for his "foul language"..... literally, by the proverbial (and now not-so-imaginary) Ghost in the Machine.
    The meta-real Hall Monitor has been found out!
    Simultaneously quirky and funny, yet a tad disquieting, don'tcha think? A frozen half-smile results--- welcome to the future (gulp)?
  • edited August 2014
    True. The host provider may have had issues with a few people (in the past) who added unsavory messages so they may have instituted a simple (imperfect fix) solution to a troublesome problem they may have had, which actually may be an advantage in the long run despite its quirks.
  • edited August 2014
    I am imagining someone from Colorado, who just finished the "sampler" pack; from "We are Cannabis" reading this thread and wondering if they stumbled into a snipple from a new book, but that they are not sure of the subject matter.....:)