Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buys or sells before labor Day weekend ?

I sold about 50% of SWFFX & cut MFLDX loose. I'll wait for market pull back, if there is one, before reinvesting.
Happy Labor Day weekend everyone !, Derf

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Did a number of moves after what happened with Kinder Morgan but nothing since then and really have no plans to do anything further, maybe for the remainder of the year. I'm not going to say that a top is near, but with things like Snapchat valued at $10B and Jessica Alba's company going to IPO with a $1B valuation (http://idly.craveonline.com/2014/08/jessica-alba-the-honest-co-ipo/).... meh.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Derf,

I have not done much this past week (buy or sell) and still have about 75% of my sell proceeds from recently sold securities (JCRAX, KSDVX, MFLDX, ITAAX) awaiting to be deployed. Currently, I am about 20% Cash, 25% Income, 45% Equity, & 10% Other as of my most recent Morningstar Xray. The total current number of investment positions is fifty.

Perhaps a good buying opportunity will present itself in September or October. And, even if it doesn't ... I am happy with where I am currently position. However, I do have my buy list ready should technicals align.

Old_Skeet
  • edited August 2014
    Moved some money from no-pay American Funds MMKT accounts to open very small initial positions (No Load) in Munis (TAFTX & AMHIX). Plan to DCA in gradually, small amounts at a time, as we see where we're going. (If we're going.)
  • @MFO Members: Adding to my position in the Q's
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Started to put a little into Europe FEU.