Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Emerging Markets, BRICs Breaking Out Of Sideways Range

FYI: merging markets continue to charge higher in 2014 after years of trending downward. Below are long-term charts of the emerging markets ETF (EEM) and the BRIC ETF (EEB) going back to 2009. As shown, the last six months (boxed in charts) have been a boon for EM as a whole and the BRIC countries. And just recently, both the EEB and EEM have broken above the top of their two-year sideways trading ranges. This range-breakout is a bullish sign for the asset class longer-term.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bespokeinvest.com/thinkbig/2014/8/29/emerging-markets-brics-breaking-out-of-sideways-range.html?printerFriendly=true

Comments

• I had to use my bifocals on that one.

Other EM besides the Bric's have already left the station.
  • I had to use my bifocals on that one.

Other EM besides the Bric's have already left the station.

John,
    Use Mozilla Firefox. Holding down Ctrl together with "+" enlarges the text.:)
  • Good news, anyhow!