Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chuck Jaffe: A Bear Market Is Coming, Sooner Or Later

FYI: The calendar is just hitting the home stretch for the year, but it’s time to recognize that virtually everyone who made calculated forecasts for 2014 was wrong.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-bear-market-is-coming-sooner-or-later-2014-08-29/print

Comments

• "If the market has proven nothing else in 2014, it’s that nothing in economic theory or stock-market history or recent memory should lead you to believe that anyone can predict the future accurately."
  • Desota said:

"If the market has proven nothing else in 2014, it’s that nothing in economic theory or stock-market history or recent memory should lead you to believe that anyone can predict the future accurately."

Yes, we know that already. What is the point of this article. Just like everybody else. Jaffa completing article quota.

• I predict that after the market goes down someday after that it will go up again sometime. Prove me wrong!
  • "I predict that after the market goes down someday after that it will go up again sometime. Prove me wrong!"

Old_Joe, you should write articles for MW.
  • Sometimes, when you have nothing to say, that's what you should say.
    But, I guess that's what he said.
    Seems "Off topic" to me, since there is no "Entertainment" category.