Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Opinion: These 'Diversified' Stock Funds Spread Your Money Too Thin

TedTed
edited September 2014 in Fund Discussions
FYI: Risk increases when portfolio managers fixate on a sector.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-diversified-stock-funds-spread-your-money-too-thin-2014-09-05/print

Comments

• As a shareholder in Fidelity OTC ia m quite aware its mostly in tech but I also believe that almost no one who invests in this fund is unaware of the overweight.
  • Ted. Maybe you could start employing a quality screen on these posts? This article seemed pretty bad to me. c
  • Ha!

IMHO...

=).
  • It's Marketwatch. That says it all.
  • Yes, believe it is now on par with Motley Fool...maybe worse.
  • Charles said:

Yes, believe it is now on par with Motley Fool...maybe worse.

Can't stand all the Motley Fool advertisements I see.........e.g. "The end of the Internet" and a zillion more
  • At age 80 I am uninterested in most of what I try to read.
  • rjb112 said:

Charles said:

Yes, believe it is now on par with Motley Fool...maybe worse.

Can't stand all the Motley Fool advertisements I see.........e.g. "The end of the Internet" and a zillion more
    Hate Motley Fool, although I gotta say, FOOLX has done better than I'd thought it would.
  • Hate Motley Fool, although I gotta say, FOOLX has done better than I'd thought it would.
    When they came out with FOOLX, Motley Fool had a lot of persons angry with them, because the expense ratio was sky high. They recently lowered the expense ratio, I'm sure due to pressure from shareholders and perspective shareholders.

It was very hypocritical of them to have launched the fund with a sky high expense ratio, having criticized high expense ratio funds for years.