Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

My kind of woman!

http://blogs.barrons.com/penta/2014/09/12/the-oracle-of-buffalo/?mod=BOLBlog?mod=BOL_hp_highlight_1

We may have different styles when it comes to building a nest egg and she may be around my Mom's age, but nevertheless, my kind of lady!

Comments

• Great story. Thanks for sharing Junkster.
  • beebee
    edited September 2014
    I grew up in New Britski, CT...where many Polish immigrants worked as machinists at "Stashoo Works" (Stanley Works, New Britain, CT).

Great people the Polish.

Thanks to the polish mathematician who deciphered Germany's Enigma machine during WWII:

Marian_Rejewski

• TedTed
    edited September 2014
    @MFO Members: We are blessed here in Chicagoland by having the largest Polish population outside of Warsaw Poland.
    Regards,
    Ted

Beer Barrel Polka: Frankie Yankovic:
  • Nice. Like a chapter from Peter Lynch's Beating The Street.
  • Dzien dobry!
  • She's definitely a keeper.
  • She Should SPEND some of it....Please...
  • MJG
    edited September 2014
    Hi Guys,

Everyone who knows anything about how a military organization works knows that although the senior officer is in total change, the unit only functions effectively when it has a seasoned sergeant directing the foot soldiers.

In a household, the husband is the senior officer equivalent; the lady of the house is the top sergeant. That distribution of duties is what makes the household a success.

I have the greatest admiration for Stephanie Mucha. She is surely a pervasive force like the female is in most family units. Females are a major factor in what makes the USA the world leader in whatever category or statistic is used as a measuring gauge. We fully use, trust, and perhaps even exploit, our not so secret weapon.

It is an enigma why other countries, and some religions, don’t recognize womanhoods many fine attributes, and consequently saddle themselves almost routinely to the poorest tier of Nations.

All the Islamic world is hindered by the way they underutilize and mistreat their female populations. How can you expect to be prosperous when you systematically discard half the productivity of the population? It never works. When will they ever learn, oh when will they ever learn?

Although anecdotal, I can speak with authority on this subject. I have been married to the same woman for over 53 years. I freely acknowledge that any success our family has enjoyed can be directly traced to her steady hand, her strong back, her intelligence, and her persistent willpower. Like a good sergeant, she makes sure things happen.

After completing military service, we drove across the Country in an old Chevy, carrying all our limited worldly goods in a foot locker and on the rear seat of the car. Today, I’m just a little embarrassed by our riches in many dimensions. My wife was and is the motivating power.

One secret of our survival is that we talk and listen to each other. When she says something, I listen; when I say something, she listens. It’s that simple respect for one another.

“Viva la” womanhood. I salute you all.

Best wishes to all, but in this posting, a special very best wishes to all MFO’s female Board members. By the way, the record shows that you guys outdistance the men in the investment arena. Congratulations. I’m not surprised.