Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Just a few words......

My! I would hate to see this market when the rubber meets the road later! Have sold some things at their respective highs. That August pull-back stank! Had no cash, but I'm ready now. My MLPs took a beating.....talk about overreacting to things. Glad I sold GASFX before this last downturn or the losses would have been severe. Will wait for the Fed and Ali next week to pick through things. Will be looking to add to MLPs on more weakness. Also looking to add new funds: OAKMX, BVEFX on more weakness and will also add to S&P Index fund I have. Glad to see Dragi did something, finally. Am also looking to buy silver on more weakness and maybe some oil. Has anybody seen The Economist magazine.....articles about the tar sands? Things keep looking better and better as new ways of doing things come on board. Was looking for more down side on healthcare to add, but not yet. Also, ran into a conservative fund, PRDAX. Really not what I was thinking about. Well, to each his own. I can see the economy is getting better. Temps are leaving for better jobs where I work. See more houses for sale. Talked to some farmers.....they're making money, so it looks like things are looking up......except in the market (lol) so, Party on Dudes!!
the Pudd

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Hi Pudd,

Enjoyed reading what you wrote ... and, I also am holding ample cash to do some buying.

Now when the rubber leaves the raod and the caution lights come on it'll be can you pick the best car & driver for the run to the checkers? I'm thinking and I'm looking while I wait for the markets to transverse October before making any yearending strategy picks. Seems even the Moose is lately getting whip sawed ... and, my asset compass is in a struggle to find true North. Must have been the solar storm of recent or perhaps it was September's harvest moon? Or, perhaps its anticipated rising interest rates that have things in a spin? I guess one thought is as good as another.
  • Hi Old Skeet!
    Like the analogy of NASCAR.....yes sir! Like it.....a Jeff Gordon fan from way back.....Bush, that is (don't like the beer!). LOL. Have cut cable so don't watch much TV anymore.....more into the old days.....the Winston Cup. Remember,... "tastes good, like a cigarette should?" Them days. You knew the drivers' names. I agree the crew chief or portfolio manager will be key to making money. But there will be money to be made as the end of the year approaches.....with Christmas. So, get ready (interest rates)! Here is where the rubber is. As the crew chief says, "Save the tires for the final run to the checkered flag!" Or, as Duke says, "Keep your powder dry 'till you see the red in their eyes!" He's dog piling on with mother 'cause of a few beers. Geez, life's gettin' tough! I'm thinking I'm going to send them out looking for the Moose. Hang tight! Things are getting better. As the end game comes, new opportunities will appear. As the sun sets on some, it rises on others. Let's say, oil....winter is coming. Does your house get better gas mileage than last year? More buildings built since last year....worldwide, it's a gift I feel with war on top of it. Count me in silver eagles. At about $18, as Gartman says, "Things that hurt when you drop them." God bless.
    the Pudd