Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fed Signals No Hurry to Raise Interest Rates

"Fed officials are increasingly convinced that economic growth is gaining steam. They are now trying to gauge how much of the damage caused by the Great Recession can still be repaired. If they push too hard and too long, unsustainable growth could eventually generate faster inflation. If they stop pushing too soon, however, some of the damage to the economy may become more lasting. Many people who could have found jobs may never return to the work force."

The NY Times article: Fed Signals No Hurry to Raise Interest Rates

Comments

• @Old_Joe: This should end any lingering doubts about the market's direction. It should be clear sailing from here to end of year. I'm discussing the matter with my cat Pink, and may revise my year end S&P 500 forecast upward from 15% to 18%.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • I surely wouldn't argue with you on that. Regards- OJ
  • I think Janet Yellen has been clear all along on when the Fed would raise rates. The media has purported this false anxiety.
  • I think Janet Yellen has been clear all along on when the Fed would raise rates. The media has purported this false anxiety.

You think right. (IMHO)