Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ukraine Is On The Brink Of Total Economic Collapse

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    That's really stinky. The move to the EU will be painful. It sucks that some key provisions were postponed. Teddy Roosevelt would have sent the Marines and kicked the Russians back where they belong, but that was then, this is now. And the EU still has no FISCAL Union. What will they be able to do, concretely, to assist? It will become a zombie economy? And I guess there's no getting the Crimea back, either. The Russians just took big steps to solidify their hold there. (WSJ.) I feel for all those ordinary people during the winter. I recall the scene from "Dr. Zhivago," where he's pulling wooden pieces from a fence, in order to burn it for heat. That was a work of fiction, but.....