Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• It is done; Ivascyn becomes new CIO.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-26/pimco-picks-ivascyn-as-investment-chief-as-gross-departs.html

But what does this mean for Pimco Income (PONAX/PONDX) management? Will Alfred Murata take over sole management? We'll just have to wait and see.....
  • I'm concerned about how much time Mr. Ivascyn will be able to spend on the Pimco Income fund, not to mention his involvement in several closed-end funds. Is he being spread too thin?

Mike_E
  • I'm concerned about how much time Mr. Ivascyn will be able to spend on the Pimco Income fund, not to mention his involvement in several closed-end funds. Is he being spread too thin?

Mike_E

I think this is a legitimate concern, as Ivascyn has managed to stay in the background, more or less, given his position. Now, things will most certainly change. I have a rather large stake in PIMIX, so I'll be watching closely as well.
  • Can any PM stay in the background at PIMCO?

Not sure that is possible.
  • Charles said:

Can any PM stay in the background at PIMCO?

Not sure that is possible.

Ivascyn was very low profile compared to Gross, Gundlach, etc, even though he has been a very successful PM over the years. I've seen several of his interviews and he does not light up the room when he speaks, that's for sure. I liked it that way.
  • edited September 2014
    Very cool.

I've only heard (learned from the board) good things about Mr. Ivascyn.

Fingers-crossed.
  • Ivascyn is a very talented FI manager, and I seriously doubt that he will be as visible in the media like El-Erian and BG -- which is a good thing. I always got the impression from El-Erian and BG that they loved to hear themselves speak, and they considered themselves to be the center of focus rather than the topic being discussed. Sort of like people who pass by a mirror and take a second glance at themselves. I like Ivascyn's competence and style, and today I added to my PDI position when the price was down over 2%.

Kevin