Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Hello, Oversold World

FYI: Below is our trading range screen of the 30 largest country ETFs traded on US exchanges. For each country, the dot represents where it's currently trading within its range, while the tail end represents where it was trading one week ago. The black vertical "N" line represents each ETF's 50-day moving average. Moves into the red zone are considered overbought, while moves into the green zone are considered oversold.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bespokeinvest.com/thinkbig/2014/10/2/hello-oversold-world.html?printerFriendly=true

Comments

• You're telling me.
  • Wow!! It looks like the whole world is due for a bounce! Let's hope anyway and that its not the dead cat kind.
  • I've been watching my (developed) Europe fund in particular: PRESX. I've owned it since Nov, '13. ...It was fun for a while. It's been awful stinky since .....since many months ago. Are they ever going to get the wheels back on the track over there? I've decided anyhow to hold it at the very least until I see what dividends it might pay at the end of the year. I saw something lately, noting that the fund doesn't pay cap. gains? Only dividends....?
  • Excellent info, thanks for posting.
  • edited October 2014
    I hope my global fund managers are doing their job in finding good value throughout the global universe. At this time, I am making no major hands on positioning within my portfolio. However, I have been buying a little here and there as cash builds, through mutual fund distributions, within my portfolio not wanting to go over a 20% cash threshold.

I think that it is very interesting as to how Kathleen Gaffney has currently positioned EVBAX. As of my last Instant Xray look at her fund it was about 20% cash, 20% equity, 40% income and 20% other. While I am at about 20% cash, 45% equity, 25% income and 10% other within my own portfolio. Thinking of lowering my allocation to cash soon for the anticipated fall stock market rally and do a little equity “spiff” buying. Things are beginning to look interesting.
  • edited October 2014
    Howdy @Old_Skeet

Fidelity's view of composition for EVBAX. I find their layout of data easy to disgest; and it is free to use.
    Enter a ticker symbol at the top of the page, "keyword search". Note: not all fund tickers will process, dependent upon Fido's offering of a particular fund.

Take care,
    Catch