Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Tomorrow's outlook.

Airliners look like they will be first in line to the woodshed. The fear index may have jumped up another notch. President 0bama cancelled the rest of his fundraising trip.

Watching Marc Andreesen on Bloomie. This guy has had too much coffee. Hard to listen to.

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Down. The absolute obliteration of Netflix will result in other internet names being down despite the fact that it doesn't reflect on them. I do think you saw a bounce in some beaten down sectors today. GOOG tomorrow after the bell will be interesting.

• @John & Scott: Currrent futures.
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://finviz.com/futures.ashx
  • Yep it doesn't look good. I don't know what could turn things around here. The bad news keeps coming.
  • edited October 2014
    Futures aren't down much (at least so far) but are trading at a large discount to cash S&P and fair value. So ( I was out most of day) I assume there was a large selloff in the last 15 minutes of the day session after cash closed. Clear as mud right.
  • The only mud I see is at the bottom of my second cup of coffee this morning. The charts I'm looking at have a slight decrease at the close. Not enough to be worth much.

• 2 buy orders in, 82 degrees and sunny..looks like golf and bargain shopping
  • edited October 2014
    Netflix is skitzo!

Tesla is going to get hit if gas prices stay low.

Dunno about airlines. Low fuel costs should be good. Ebola could kill them if public stays away. But I doubt that will happen for long. Than again, if you fly much ... why on earth would you want to own one of these companies?
  • edited October 2014
    Australia down 1.55% in early trading.

Personally I would not invest in airlines. But they are the best way to cross the ocean quickly. I wouldn't mind a ocean liner if they had them.

Ebola is starting to have people question if they really want to go out of the house. If that thought expands then things could get very grim. On the other hand, online shopping could see growth.
  • edited October 2014
    Agree. Love flying. I'm thinking of the surley & stressed-out gate agents, mechanical delays, weather delays, traffic congestion delays, cancelled flights, overbooked flights, baggage fees, early boarding fees, stuffed overhead bins, cramped seats, dirty cabins and half-hour waits to retrieve checked baggage - that's if they haven't lost it.

And Oh - most won't even serve you peanuts any more!
  • Yep but look at all the jealous faces when they are eating their overpriced airline meals they had to pay for and you whip out a deli roast beef and havarti on rye with a pickle you bought in the terminal.

Last time I flew domestic the airline was selling chicken salad sandwiches or a wrap. I had purchased fish and chips with a cup of clam chowder. More than one person gave me the lucky you look.