Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Peter Schiff: Is he being interviewed on CNBC or the Jerry Springer Show?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited October 2014
    You have had a few incidents this year on CNBC. There was a real unpleasant one a month or two ago where Bill Fleckenstein got absolutely furious at another CNBC anchor.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-28/fireworks-fly-peter-schiff-warns-economy-lives-qe-dies-qe

From the comments section regarding Schiff: "I saw an interview of him about a year ago, where he mentioned that before the housing bubble burst, every network wanted him on to laugh at an when it became obvious he was right the phone calls stopped dead."

I don't disagree with some of what Schiff has to say (I like to follow Jim Rickards instead, given his knowledge of geopolitics), although I'm sure a number of people on this board probably dislike him. I think it's like anything else, if you lump all of your investments largely around one general theme or one general belief (whether it be gold or tech or whatever), you'd better be willing to have that patience if it takes a long time to pay off.
  • CNBC wonders why their ratings are in the whirlpool of television death. Stuff like this does not help. Let the viewers decide who is right and wrong rather than hosts ambushing guests on live television.

Scott Nations is pathetic. He'll probably end up on MSNBC, which is rated lower than CNBC.
  • Scott Nations is an idiot. Anyone who heard him speak can guess that. I had no opinion on peter schiff, but he comes off as sensible. However, anyone worth his salt should not go on CNBC in the first place.

Finally, I didn't know MSNBC had lower rating than CNBC. I watch neither of course. I never watch comedy shows that tell me when to laugh. So when I'm depressed I watch CNN and am in splits 2 minutes into it.
  • "I never watch comedy shows that tell me when to laugh."

Good point- I never liked "comedy" shows with laugh tracks. but maybe, just maybe, MSNBC & CNBC might be improved by laugh tracks.
  • When Bob Hope passed on, comedy went with him.

I know, I am showing my age.