Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

MFO professor is blunt with the criticism, and can flunk them..... WSJ article

edited November 2014 in Off-Topic
I'm going to review this link for a few days, to monitor comments.

Hats off, to you; David.

Enjoy.....edited excerpts of a recent conversation:

WSJ, interview with David Snowball

Comments

• Extremely wonderful to see. I'll look for it in print, too. Pithy and witty and wise.
  • good for David and for the site. btw, November commentary is a delightful read.
  • Finally, always an extremely intelligent commentator, a breath of fresh air.
  • edited November 2014
    Nice article on the professor.

Now at the age of sixty six, and with a degree in economics, I would have delighted to have had David as one of my professors when I was in college. Those that currently do … and who have studied under David in prior years … consider yourself lucky.

Old_Skeet
  • TedTed
    edited November 2014
    @Catch22: Keep this good work up, and there's a chance you might be returned to your previous position as MFO official greeter. Article should be moved to Fund Discussion
    Regards,
    Ted
  • beebee
    edited November 2014
    Thank you David for your investment in MFO and your monthly enlightenment...a recovering "dunderhead".
  • Ah, gee-wiz, that Prof. Snowball is such a hard grader and demanding taskmaster. And he won't grant fund managers unending extensions, and hold grades in abeyance, until they get their act together. Woe unto you if you get placed in his class section!

For a second here and there, while reading this blog, I coulda sworn I heard the voice of Roy. Sweet.

Sorry, financial services industry, we're standing behind our professor's analyses; and, if we strongly concur, we're gonna amplify 'em. And if, by objective measure, your funds don't come close to the marks they should, we're calling you out, and you're getting a FAIL and withdrawal form to consider.
  • Nice going, Prof! And thanks Catch, for the... yes... catch!