Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Merry Christmas

Howdy folks,

Just making sure those of you over here get this message. Now is the time to celebrate the season with our friends and loved ones and filter out the news. We had an expression in 'nam that 'in the marine corps, every day is a holiday and every meal is a banquet'. Whelp, here at 66, every day IS a holiday and every meal IS a banquet.

Here you go,

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

Comments

• Nice to see you on again, Happy Holidays to you and all MFO members
  • TedTed
    edited December 2014
    @ Rono: I was waiting for your annual Christmas message, and here's my annual message in return,
    Regards,
    Ted
    PNC - Christmas Price Index | THE GREAT CAROL
    https://www.pncchristmaspriceindex.com/calendar
  • Thanks rono. Merry Christmas to you too!
  • edited December 2014
    Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous 2015. My female hiking companion has banned me from this board (with one exception*) I have my eyes on junk corporates for 2015 but the oil scenario may have to play out there. After today lowered my % in junk munis. Hopefully just a blip and will be back up to a higher percentage depending on market action.

*The one exception is if the 10 year closes below 2% and I have to find Heezsafe. I have a feeling getting info from him on where and who to send my check could be a challenge. If so, will make the contribution to David and MFO instead. Best of luck. I would prefer to be on the trails and elsewhere than sitting at this annoying computer anyway.

Today looking like a very bullish 9 to 1 day on the NYSE. First in many a moon.
  • Hi @Junkster,

Now, I can only present a presumption. If partial MFO participation is of benefit to your mental state of mind; then the benefit also translates to those around you. Banned is a very strong position and/or condition to establish.
    If you so choose, you may express from me to your hiking partner; that your "not being banned" from MFO could be one of your holiday gifts.:)
    I, of course; am voting that you are not banned.

Take care of you and yours,
    Catch

• Merry Christmas @rono and to everyone here at MFO.
  • Junkster said:

Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous 2015. My female hiking companion has banned me from this board (with one exception*)

Jealousy (splitting your attention between MFO & GF) is the highest form of flattery. You do owe it to yourself to invest in all things romantic.

Let us know when you upgrade to high yielding long term bliss.
  • Merry Christmas rono!
  • Rono, totally flashback !! Merry Christmas to you and your family, and thanks for all of your outstanding contributions over the years at FA and MFO !!

Kevin