Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

4 Food Trucks = $100M IPO = Everyone's Gone Mad

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2276826-now-a-100m-grilled-cheese-ipo

"Grilled Cheese Truck trades with a $107.4M market cap off of 9-month revenue of $2.6M and assets of $1M."

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2276826-now-a-100m-grilled-cheese-ipo

Shake Shack now - about 20% from high.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • well, unlike so many countless teensy biotech companies (about which there cannot be enough for-cryin'-out-loud done about their stock prices, post-IPO), at least the new burger and fries crowd has some revenue and some net profit to demonstrate... which isn't sayin' much, albeit.....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maybe add a little Drano, paint thinner or something similar to the burger & fry grease for self-cleaning arteries? I'll have a chocolate shake with that burger & fries, thanks!
  • edited February 2015
    @Maurice @Old_Joe
    I have been such a good little boy, all winter long, but yesterday at the store I had to admit the truth of it--- in several aisles, my resolve was weakening. Thank goodness I didn't read what you guys just wrote before my errand run, or by today I would be a walking dietary disaster!;)
  • So each truck is valued at over $25million? Not likely. A freeway accident or a burnt transmission could kill this stock.

The article touched on the assets vs liabilities of the company. No thanks.
  • Oh, John... you're so stodgy!
  • edited February 2015
    Yes, truly a vanishing breed, those First Principles kinda guys. I sometimes wonder if it would be a good idea to open a Living Investor Museum, so that young people could benefit from observing them in their natural habitat, and marvel at their resiliency... before they are no more.
  • Well, in John's case the Philippines is about as natural habitat as you can get! (Been there and done that.)