Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Duke makes his call!

Hi guys!
Duke and I were talking about oil, and I told him about what goes into where the price of oil will go. He seemed amazed at the pieces that go into the call's rig numbers, well flows, pipeline flows, etc. A lot of "what if?" questions flowed. I said Dennis (Gartman) called 30, another called 20, then somebody called 10......He seemed stunned that there were so many numbers. I said there were many meetings to discuss this. It wasn't just a number pulled out of a hat, you know. Much time and pizza went into this (he likes pizza!), so this part went well. He said he wanted to make a call. I said you can't do that. He said, "Well, Dennis did." But I said that Dennis knows more than you. He said, "What was Dennis' call this year (gold)? How's that working out?" So, I gave up.....make your call, Putin. He said all the good numbers were taken. What did Ringo Starr say?......"Ya know it don't come easy." Yeah! Got that. I said why don't you wait 'til March or April to do this when the refineries shut down to make gas for the summer? Oil will back up the price.....should it fall, it will give you more time to make a better call. He liked that. His tail took off like a Geiger counter hitting the mother load! Well, just another day in the life. Yeah, yeah, yeah, LOL.
God bless.
the Pudd