Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Sorry Max... Bad News

edited January 2012 in Off-Topic
Well Max, looks like your last hope just went down in flames. I guess if you want any REAL protection, you gotta go see some of my relatives...

Discrimination laws do not protect certain employees of religious groups

Comments

• Fascinating, OJ. I'm not surprised. So in some respects, clergy-types are non-persons. The friggin' corporations have more rights protected than myself, depening on the scenario. Sucks big. What's more interesting to me would be a conversation about where, in what direction, a religious leader would actually lead his/her group or congregation "on its way," as the article reads. So many claiming to believe X or Y or Z. But we can't dare to BEHAVE like we believe that stuff. Ya. No wonder my tenure was shortened. Just as well. But the article made me grin. Thanks again.
  • Howdy,

Yeppers, and it was a unanimous decision. We druids do NOT want to associate with the reformed movement types - they worship shrubs.

peace,

rono
  • re those shrubs: Burning or non-burning?
  • edited January 2012
    Yooz guys!!!!! Rono, yer making me giggle about the MASH tv episode I remember, when Hawkeye and Trapper John created a G.I. out of thin air. Gave him a dogtag number and everything else. What was his religion? They had to put it on the form. Hawkeye said: "Reformed Druid." Radar said: "What's THAT?" Hawkeye responded: "They worship TREES." Laugh laugh laugh laugh.