Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buddy, can you spare me a Euro or two.....LIP

edited January 2012 in Fund Discussions
The link defines an overview of the current status of monies in Europe. This has been discussed here at MFO, around the edges; but this write offers a clear assessment.
Related, but without a linking story; is a similar situation for credit worthy companies in particular, if I recall properly; that Finnish and other country companies will have to resort to and attempt to sell corporate bonds, vs loans from banks; for operations and/or expansion.
While we here are surely not able to monitor and guage all stories and machinations of market places; let alone try to determine what is taking place in our own country, we do our best at this house to assess information that is most related to having a larger impact upon economies, which translates into determinations of the why's and where's of investments.

So, absorb the information in this link and place your own assessment to implications.

Mr. OJ, knowing that you will likely peek here; I hope to be able to finish a write/reply in another thread, some time today. Still working on that 30 hour day here; or at least reducing sleep time........nah, tried that and that does not work for this older brain anymore.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/01/25/bloomberg_articlesLYAZI80D9L3901-LYD57.DTL&type=printable

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi Catch-

Thanks for that link. A pretty decent article, going into fair detail regarding a topic of concern which I noted with the "World Economy Deeply into Danger Zone" post.

Seems to me that given the complexity and intertwining of the world economies the Euro Zone Mess can't help but impact both the US and "emerging market" economies to some extent. Possible exception: China- might be that to a certain extent they can redirect the probable decrease in exports to increased consumption by their newly created middle classes.

Personally, I'm considering taking the ytd profits from my equity side and stashing them away before the bottom falls out (yet again).
  • edited January 2012
    Alll 3 of my international bond funds are up despite the dour outlook on Euro and supposedly stronger dollar. Of course, don't know where the #*&@## they're putting the $$...
    Maybe Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan? -
    YTD: OIBAX + 1.61%.... RPIBX + 1.48% ...PRELX + 5.4%
  • Howdy hank,

Yesterday's returns cause me to be a bit itchy about things; although we know money travels every whichway for reasons we can't know...........
    Of our mish-mash of holdings; all were positive ranging from +.15% thru + 5.29%. Today appears to have the same possibilities.

Take care,
    Catch
  • edited January 2012
    Hi Catch. Thanks for the update. Yikes, like the old Don Knots character on Steve Allens' show: "Nervous?...Who?... Me?" Ahh - there's so many cross-currents it's hard to get a handle on where things are going next. (glad was sittin down yesterday when they announced rates would stay low into late 2014) Take care.
  • You might mean Berzerkistan?
  • OJ,

I've visited there before. It is surrounded by the states of Maryland and Virginia.

Take care,

Catch