Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A Mortality Rate of 22.7%

This is simply a factoid post, in the interest of "keeping it current."
http://investwithanedge.com/500-etf-closures

A grand total of 2,207 ETFs and ETNs have been listed on US exchanges. 1,929 have been ETFs and 278 have been ETNs. 500 closures consist of 430 ETFs and 70 ETNs. So far, ETF survivability has been 77.7% and ETN survivability comes in at 74.8%. Of the 1,712 products still remaining and listed for trading today, a full 315 are on the May ETF Deathwatch list. [There were 113 starts in the past 6 months, not included in the deathwatch stats]

Comments

• @Ted Well, that's really embarassing, and there are no plausible excuses that would apply. Obviously, the couple of issues preying on my mind today are preying a bit more than I realized. Yikes-- I'm taking the rest of the day off! Since the post is redundant, should I just leave it alone, or should I deleate it?:)
  • I vote for deallyate!
    :)
  • This thread has comments on it versus the other one. Delaete the other one.

Speaking of deleting
  • Well, hell, delaete something anyway! I want blood!!
  • Some of my posts from earlier are gone.
  • @JohnChisum- Seriously John? Evidently the moderator honored Ted's request to delete that entire thread, which of course contained comments from you, me, Catch and a couple of other folks. But do you mean some post of yours other than that thread have disappeared? I'd be very concerned if that is true.

I can't imagine why anyone would take exception to any of your posts. Mine, now, that's a bit different, especially when I'm in a tussle with you-know-who, but I've never seen anything just "disappear".

OJ
  • That must be the one. He couldn't delete his own post to which I replied that he could in a way. The post would be blank. I didn't think they would delete the entire thread.
  • Ah, yes, that's exactly what happened. Remember that his post was the "anchor" for that thread (being the original post in that thread) and I would guess that you can't remove that first post and retain any answers to it. Or something. It's been a rough day over on the "Is $1 Million Enough" thread. No wonder you don't like to engage in verbal challenges. I need a gin and tonic.

OJ
  • Thanks for jogging my memory as well.

Verbal challenges online are usually a lost cause. As for a cocktail, I would recommend a favorite of Cary Grant, the Gibson. You could also watch North by Northwest too. A genuine classic.
  • "North by Northwest too. A genuine classic."
    Yes, one of my favorite Hitchcocks. Take it easy out there. OJ