Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Greece and The Bonds.....

edited March 2012 in Off-Topic
Good Evening,

I have had very few kind words over the years about this whole Greek monetary problem. The words were in regard to the process of the attempt to short-fall a complete crash. A rebirth of the country to a somewhat normally functioning society will not be complete before I leave this 3rd rock from the sun for the great universal sojurn.

However, I do not wish further grief upon the peoples; and the sooner an outcome for one direction or the other may be obtained; the better for all involved.

NOTE: deal deadline, March 8, 3PM EST; to find how big the haircut

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9129838/Greece-on-brink-of-default-as-bond-deal-falters.html

Another slice of the poorly cooked stew...............

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2012-03-06/goldman-secret-greece-loan-shows-two-sinners-as-client-unravels.html

Regards,
Catch

Comments

• How do you slice stew?:-)
  • Hi Old_Joe,

The stew has been cooking so long; that most of the moisture is gone. I envision something on the order of "fruit cake" texture.

You are indeed reading every word, eh?

Take care,
    Catch
  • edited March 2012
    Hi Catch- yeah, I'm sitting here remastering a huge pile of 1930's/1950's Toscanini recordings, a project that I've been working on for a couple of months now. I keep MFO working in the background, and once a recording is under control and sort of on auto-pilot I pull up MFO and see what's new. Keeps me from going bonkers on the recording tasks. And keeps you (sort of) honest, too.:-)