Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

the roller coaster continues...MCXAX/MCXIX

Comments

• ... and down 1.63% today.

Unless you're looking at Morningstar, in which case it's up 0.80%. Go figure.
  • edited November 2015
    claimui said:

Unless you're looking at Morningstar, in which case it's up 0.80%.

I always go with whichever one is higher. It's all just on paper until you spend it anyway.:)

• hank said:

I always go with whichever one is higher. It's all just on paper until you spend it anyway.:)

Well, Morningstar still gives the same price for today, it just claims it went up from yesterday instead of down. I guess there is just conflicting sources for yesterday's closing price.

FYI, Bloomberg and MSN also claim the price went up. Both of my brokerages (Vanguard and TD) show a 1.63% drop today though (and my balances were definitely higher yesterday).
  • Schwab posting a 1.63% drop, as well.
  • "The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from."
  • OJ - who said that? I think it's my new favorite.
  • @Mark- Yeah, I like that one a lot myself. As far as I'm aware, it's an old "standard" among internet engineers.

Another favorite, although now totally dated, was the joke among television transmission engineers in the early days of color TV broadcasting. The official standard for that was NTSCT, which stood for "National Transmission Standard for Color Television". Within the engineering group it meant "Never The Same Color Twice", which was really pretty close to the actual situation.

• no drama today...up .79%!
  • Down 3.77% today. Roller coaster indeed.
  • This fund is insane- tvix, 3x etns. Then again, there's 600% turnover, so I really don't know what's in it now. I'm all for a profile of this beast for next month's issue.
  • gmarceau said:

This fund is insane- tvix, 3x etns. Then again, there's 600% turnover, so I really don't know what's in it now. I'm all for a profile of this beast for next month's issue.

The profile will have to be updated every 10 minutes;)

• Paid distribution yesterday. I re-invested it, but not planning to add at this point...having more fun buying new dishes, towels, etc., for new house than watching this anxiety-inducing fund!;)