Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Amazon technical question

If I have a shopping cart with items in it and use the MFO link to go to Amazon and purchase will that work? Or do I have to empty the cart and use the MFO link first to go to Amazon and then put what I want in the shopping cart?

I want to make sure MFO gets the benefit of my shopping!

Thanks!

Comments

• You can open a second MFO linked Amazon page and start shopping again on items from the first page. In the future, bookmark the link directly for ease of use.
  • Thanks, but when I use the MFO link Amazon opens in a new window with all of the items already in my shopping basket. I was hoping if I just checkout that MFO gets credit, but if I have to delete the items from the shopping basket and start over I can do that too.
  • That's a good question, and one that I've wondered about myself. Taking Sven's comment, I've had a MFO bookmark direct to Amazon on my browser for years. Frequently I'll place something in my "cart", but not actually buy it, because I'm going to wait until I have enough to make the $35 minimum for free shipping.

At some later time, I'll add something, and then make the purchase. I wonder if MFO gets credit for the whole thing?
  • I always worry because Amazon has an incentive to minimize the benefits it pays based on whatever technicalities they employ. I don't have any reason to think that Amazon isn't being as nice as possible with all of this stuff but you'd think they have to understand there are lots of people like me who don't buy more from Amazon because it supports MFO, I just try to make sure everything I buy at Amazon does benefit MFO.