Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Hi @Junkster

Thank you for the link read.

The article stated: In general, investors tend to invest in companies that have headquarters near where the live, a trend Openfolio data has shown in the past.

Guess I'll just travel global and live wherever.....
    Take care,
    Catch
  • @Junkster,

Thanks for making post of this information. Even though I beat the average for my area of the country with a loss of about 2.2% I am not thrilled with my results. In review of S&P's as reported earnings for the the fourth quarter of 2015 I am finding an improvement in reported earnings as the S&P 500 Index started the quarter at $92.23 in October and finished the quarter at $95.38 ... this is an improvement and a turn-a-round for earnings. If earnings improve like S&P has projected then the markets although off to a rough start should also improve.

Earnings season starts Monday with Alcoa reporting after market close.

• In mutual fund terms the -3.01% average investor return in 2015 may have looked something like this.

History (12/31/2015) 2015
    DODBX -2.87
    From a popular and long respected fund family with $14 Bil in assets
    http://performance.morningstar.com/fund/performance-return.action?t=DODBX&region=usa&culture=en_US
    Upside & Downside Capture Ratio DODBX
    DODBX 1Yr upside 143.72
    1 Yr downside 145.72
    http://performance.morningstar.com/fund/ratings-risk.action?t=DODBX&region=usa&culture=en-US
  • Here's the real take-away from Junkster's article. "Markets are off to a scary start in 2016. The average investor is already down 5.1% in 2016 through the end of yesterday’s trading day."

Tough titty said the kitty when the milk went dry.