Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

BX -- anyone buying?

Last time I looked, it was over $30/sh...now it's @ $24.65. Is selloff due to investors moving out of equities/funds into cash...or something else? Yield is now 11%...can that hold up?

Comments

• It was actually over 40 in the past 12 months and off over 40% from its highs. We heard the same thing (yield and insider buying) about the MLPs here and then they tanked up to 70% and more.
  • @little5bee: I own it, add periodically during dips, but holding pat right now. Distributions vary, and are declared each quarter, not always the same. Although I consider it a financial , it is heavy into real estate, so for me its like a hybrid between a reit and alternative asset class.
  • edited January 2016
    Had it back in August 2015 along with OAK and KKR. Sold all three back then and have found no reason to get back in despite their ratings and favorable analyst opinions. I guess I just don't understand so it's better to lay off.
  • @MFO Members: Still holding a few hundred shares BX that I paid $38 per share, Ouch ! presently paying just south of 8% dividend.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Oh, those nasty K-1 forms! As I do my own taxes, I don't like to wait until high noon for those forms to arrive. BX does look attractive to a chartist, however.