Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited March 2012
    That's looking very cool- what are you up to now?

(Off to dinner- will check later...)
  • Reply to @Old_Joe: Having late dinner?

I saw the Morningstar image embedded in a page with today's returns. I've recovered the URL of the image (pasted in my post above the image). Checking if the image will be updated automatically tomorrow.
  • edited March 2012
    Yes, we usually eat pretty late- sort of European style... What would the mechanism be that would automatically make the update?

Additional: Looks like it's working! At least the time seems to be changing...
  • Looks like the image is auto generated. Yesterday it was all red, today it is all green.
  • edited March 2012
    Reply to @Old_Joe:

All they have to do is rewrite the image at morningstar. Each time you browse this page, it re-reads the image, so if the MarketBarometer.png is replaced, you read the new one. As an (electricity-wasting) experiment, if you leave your browser open pointing at this discussion, you will see it will stay the same until you refresh your browser. Or you could save the image and see that it is dynamically created. The saved image will stay the same.

http://poweredby.morningstar.com/mstarindex/elements/MarketBarometer.png